Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A need to clone myself

I love that the library has become the "happening" place in the mornings.  Most mornings I have 25-30 students in here.  Many are playing Scrabble, others are looking for books, working on library club projects, or just hanging out.  My problem is that there is only ONE of me and I'm constantly pulled in several directions.  The Scrabble players want help playing the game.  Other students need help finding a book or want to check out a book.  Some students are working on art projects (decorating their own Scrabble racks or creating book art) and often need assistance with supplies.  On top of all that, I have to act as the doorman because the outside doors to the building stay locked until the 1st bell rings so I constantly have to let students in the building and deny entry to those who only want to use the bathroom or avoid the gym.  Luckily it's only about 45 minutes in the morning, but by the time the bell rings (and after I've checked out a dozen books at the last minute), I'm relieved that I can just sit at my desk for a few minutes during the announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment