Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workplace Distraction

There are a lot of reasons why I love being a librarian.  For one, I'm always busy with something.  It's never the same thing day after day.  If I'm bored with something I'm doing, I put it on hold and do something else.  I love being surrounded by books as well.  But at the same time, it does distract me from my work.  I just got in a huge order of books and I'm processing them.  This involves writing inside every book information about the order and other important details.  The problem is that I find myself getting caught with looking at the books for an extended period of time.  In fact I ordered a book for myself over the Christmas break that I didn't realize I had also ordered for my library.  So it may take me a little longer to get the books on the shelves, but at least I know a little about some of the new books that I can make recommendations on them to students.  Yeah, that's my excuse for looking at the Guiness Book of World Records for 30 minutes yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment