Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Clean Desk

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems impossible for me to keep my desk clean.  Now my "desk" is really the front counter of the circulation desk.  I do have an office and we really shouldn't go there as to it's condition.  I rarely use it because without a library aide, I need to be stationed out front most of the time.  I've visited other libraries and they always have a neat, clean circulation area.  Of course the times I've visited have been for meetings so perhaps they tend to be like me and just clean it for "company."  That's how I operate at home sometimes.  I have a party or dinner with guests to make sure that I get my house clean.  But back to the desk - sometimes I get productive and get it nice and clean and it stays that way for maybe 15 minutes.  It seems the piles always build up in no time.  Stacks of magazines that need to be processed, piles of papers that need to be filed or tossed, catalogs, scissors, labels, it just seems to reproduce "stuff" on it's own.  I guess it's because I'm always busy and I'm always multi-tasking.  When I have a clean area, I feel like I can get more done, but alas, that rarely seems to happen.  So my goal before Christmas break is to clean my desk and have it nice and neat so that when I come back I can be productive for all of 15 minutes until it becomes a disaster again!

No comments:

Post a Comment